College Credit Plus (CCP) is:
Ohio’s new form of the Post-Secondary Educational Opportunity Program (PSEOP). Every year before March 1st we hold our annual parent meeting about the opportunities that our students have to earn college credit. The below information is a summation of this meeting. If you have questions or concerns, please talk with the Academic Dean or your School Counselor. Here is one pathway to receive 30 credit hours of college classes before graduating.
At Benedictine there are three ways to earn college credit:
Courses at Benedictine:
We have several courses at Benedictine that students can take as CCP through 3 different colleges.
- Notre Dame College: English (Composition 1 & 2), US History, European History, Chemistry and Biology
- Tri-C: Single Board Processing (Raspberry Pi/Drone), Introduction to Robotics, Computer Aided Design/Auto-CAD.
- Cleveland State: Principles of Computer Science
State funding is not guaranteed, but if the state does not cover a student’s full cost, each college will allow parents to pay a reduced price for the additional credits. A student is not required to pay for the course if he is not funded by the state, and he will know his funding status before the course begins. A student may still take this course if parents choose not to pay for any unfunded credit hours, but will not receive college credit for this portion of the course.
Courses on a college campus:
Students may take classes that are not offered at Benedictine on a college campus or online with proper approval. Typically our students who complete AP Calculus before senior year will take college level math. Students are responsible for choosing which college and what course he would like to take and applying for the program. The student must follow the same steps as the courses at Benedictine. Benedictine cannot guarantee a students schedule will work with a CCP course. Students will be required to have either an ACT or a placement test with the college in order to show they are college ready.
How to apply for CCP Course:
See individual school websites below. Be sure to watch out for deadline, as most occur before March.
- Case Western University CCP
- Cleveland State University CCP
- Hiram College CCP
- John Carroll University CCP
- Kent State CCP
- Lakeland Community College CCP
- Notre Dame College CCP
- Ohio Department of Education CCP Website for parents
- Ursuline College CCP
- Sinclair Community College CCP (Online Courses Available)
- Tri-C CCP
- University of Toledo CCP (Online Courses Available)
- Youngstown State University CCP (Online Courses Available)
- Due April 15th
- Needs Letter of Acceptance from College which gets uploaded to SAFE account
Keep everything you get from the state for your records.