What is the NAIA Eligibility Center?
The NAIA Eligibility Center is responsible for determining the NAIA eligibility of first-time student-athletes. Any student playing NAIA championship sports for the first time must meet the eligibility requirements. Students must have their eligibility determined by the NAIA Eligibility Center, and all NAIA schools are bound by the center’s decisions. For more information follow this link http://www.playnaia.org
U.S. students who have completed their junior year of high school may obtain a final eligibility determination from the NAIA Eligibility Center before graduating from high school if they meet all the following requirements:
- will enroll at an NAIA institution immediately after high school graduation
- have at least a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale at the conclusion of junior year OR have at least a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale midway through senior year
- have met minimum test score requirement (18 ACT or 860 SAT)
What do you need to do to get your register for NAIA Eligibility Center?
- Create an account with a valid email address. Follow this link http://www.playnaia.org/psaRegister.php
- Pay the one-time registration fee ($65 domestic students / US$95 international students) or indicate qualification for a fee waiver.
- Request that your official transcripts after your junior year be sent to the NAIA Eligibility Center and contact ACT or SAT to have your test scores sent directly.
Registration fee waivers are offered based on need and are available when a student currently qualifies for a waiver of SAT or ACT testing fees or for a free or reduced school lunch program. Fee waivers for high school students are verified through the student’s high school counselor. Here is the link for NAIA Fee Waiver Instructions **** Update link
ACT and SAT Scores
NAIA rules require a minimum score of 18 composite score on the ACT or 860 on the SAT (Critical Reading and Math only) to meet entering freshmen eligibility standards. Test scores must be achieved in one sitting; scores from different test dates may not be combined to meet requirements.
To have your NAIA eligibility determined by the NAIA Eligibility Center, your ACT or SAT test scores must be sent directly from the testing service. We cannot accept test scores off high school transcripts.
When you register for the ACT or SAT, be sure to include the NAIA Eligibility Center as one of the places you want your test scores sent. Remember – the NAIA code is 9876 for both the SAT and ACT.
Please register with the NAIA Eligibility Center before having your records sent.