College Credit Plus (CCP) is:
An opportunity for students to earn high school and college credit simultaneously by taking courses at participating Ohio colleges or universities.
Courses at Benedictine:
We have several courses offered on our campus that students can take as CCP through 3 different colleges: Notre Dame College, Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C), and Cleveland State University
State funding is not guaranteed, but if the state does not cover a student’s full cost, each college may allow parents to pay a reduced price for the additional credits. He will know his funding status before the course begins. A student may still take this course if parents choose not to pay for any unfunded credit hours, but will not receive college credit for this portion of the course.
Courses on a college campus:
- Students may take classes that are not offered at Benedictine on a college campus or online with the approval of the Academic Dean.
- Students who complete AP Calculus before senior year will take college level math.
- Students are responsible for choosing which college and what course he would like to take and applying for that program.
- Benedictine cannot guarantee a student’s schedule will work with a CCP course.
- Students may be required to have either an ACT or a placement test with most colleges in order to show they are college ready.
Steps to Apply for College Credit Plus Funding
There are two information sessions held: a virtual meeting in December and an in-person meeting in February. If you are considering taking a CCP for the first time, you must attend one information session.
Students at Benedictine High School are able to take classes at various institutions. The student must apply to the college or colleges of your choice. Once the student is admitted to a college under College Credit Plus, the college will send an admission letter. You must upload a copy of the admission letter(s) to your College Credit Plus Funding Application. Below are links to the applications of the colleges and universities that Benedictine offers courses through on campus:
- Notre Dame College
- Cuyahoga Community College
- Cleveland State University
- Applicants must also submit: Permission Slip (Note: This form will be emailed to the applicant only after the application is submitted)
All parents are required to establish an OH|ID account before they can apply for funding. Once the parent has created an OHID account, the parent must fully complete and submit the College Credit Plus Funding Application. Links to the step-by-step instructions to create an OHID account and complete the funding application can be found below:
You will receive your funding award notification within your College Credit Plus Funding Application located in your OH|ID Account by May 5th. CCP courses taken at Benedictine will be scheduled based on teacher recommendations and/or student preferences. CCP courses taken on the campus of the college or university, or online, must be registered with the college or university.